Skip to main content

Senior Project Day 13- May 22nd

 Day 13:


Last night I slept for 8 hours. When I woke up, I stretched and used the theragun for 20 minutes and then did a 20 minute yoga video.

Breakfast:

-Coffee

-Protein oats with peanut butter, banana, blueberries, and granola

I got to the gym at 9:45 and did a 30 minute warmup before my 80 minute bench day.


Exercises done today:


-Bench press

-DB tricep extensions

-Incline DB press

Unfortunately, my lift today wasn’t the best. I wasn’t able to put up my usual weight so I had to tweak my workout to go with more reps at a lower weight. I wasn’t psyched about this but not every day can be a good day so I had to roll with it. I only consumed about 2,200 calories yesterday which could have been a contributing factor. At the end of the workout I burned 243 active calories and 336 total calories. I then stretched and rolled out for another 30 minutes.


Lunch:

-Turkey and cheese sandwich

-Corn

-Salad with carrots, black beans, chickpeas, and croutons

-Fruit


I definitely do not want to give up meat but I have been trying to eat more plant-based protein sources, and black beans and chickpeas are both good options that help add calories. 


Snack:

-Protein bar 


Today, I watched “Diet Fiction '' on youtube, a 90 minute documentary that talks a lot about the contribution of meat to health problems and then goes into the many benefits of being plant-based.


Dinner:

-Caesar salad 

-Thai peanut bowl with grilled chicken 


Dessert: 

-Brownie sundae



Even though today wasn’t my best lift, I pushed through and got it done. I ended the day with a calorie burn of 1,864, over a gallon of water, and a caloric intake of over 3,000. I hit about 130 grams of protein. Last day tomorrow, hopefully I finish strong! 


Today’s hours: 4.5

Total project hours: 56




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Reflection

 This week was a stellar week of lifts. I can definitely feel myself getting stronger. I was able to up either my weight or my reps for every one of the 4 days and hit a few PR's.  My volume rocketed up as well, which was awesome to see. I've been hitting my calorie goal every day and really prioritizing rest and recovery. These are paying off, and based on the results I'm seeing from prioritizing these, I will definitely make sure to continue paying close attention to them in all of my future workouts.  As I've mentioned before, one of my common personal issues is that I'm not good at taking rest days. Senior project has shown me how essential these are, and really reinforced the idea that rest days will actually help you build muscle, not cause you to lose it. I took 3 days off for the first time in over a year and my workouts in the week that followed were unreal and I saw serious progress. Last week, there were several days where I just did not want to lift what

Senior Project Day 3- May 10th

       Today I woke up around 7 am, after getting only about 7.5 hours of sleep. At first I was kind of disappointed by this but then I realized that it’s probably because I’m not used to getting more than 6.5-7 during school, so getting 8-9 the past few days has left me much better rested and not needing more than the 7.5 last night. As soon as I got up I was feeling the aftermath of yesterday’s workout. My legs were pretty tight so I spent a good 20 minutes stretching and using the theragun before eating the same breakfast as usual. I eat this every day without fail because it tastes literally so good and has a perfect balance of carbs, protein, and fat to prepare me not only for my workout but for the whole day ahead.  Breakfast: Coffee Protein oats with peanut butter, banana, blueberries, and granola I drank greens on the way to school and at 10:00, I started my warmup. Just a quick 15 minute one since I was doing a press day and there’s only so many upper body/shoulder stretches y